Experiencing an emergency and need care right away?
Members enrolled in Medica DUAL Solution® (HMO D-SNP) (MSHO), Medica Choice Care℠ MSC+, Medica AccessAbility Solution® Enhanced (HMO D-SNP) (SNBC SNP), Medica AccessAbility Solution® (SNBC), Medica Choice Care℠ PMAP, and pregnant people and children enrolled in Medica MinnesotaCare without access to transportation, our Medica Provide-A-Ride program gets you to and from health care visits.
Visits Eligible for Transportation
You can go to these types of visits:
- Mental health
- Substance use disorder
- Durable medical equipment
- Urgent care*
- Emergency room *
- Medica DUAL Solution and Medica AccessAbility Solution Enhanced members are eligible for transportation to One Pass fitness sites.
- Medica DUAL Solution and Medica Choice Care MSC+ members with an Elderly Waiver (EW) are eligible for transportation to locations approved through EW.
*You will need to confirm any urgent care or emergency room visits with HealthAdvocate℠ NurseLine to ensure that you're getting the appropriate level of care.
How to Set Up Your Ride
Call Medica Member Services at the number on the back of your Medica identification (ID) card at least five days before your appointment. Have your information ready, including:
- Medica member identification number
- Date of birth
- Full name and address of the doctor, clinic or location.
Tracking Your Rides
You have a new way to track no-cost rides you've scheduled to medical, pharmacy, and other eligible health-related appointments. The portal is easy to use and will help you track your scheduled rides.
Track on the QRyde Member Portal Website
For users who want to access their ride information on a laptop or desktop computer, you can access all your transportation information on the QRyde Member Portal website. Just log in from your computer at the link below.
More Details About Using Your Benefit
Here is what you need to know about getting picked up.
- Pick up locations can only be your home, school, work or a shelter.
- Pick up time is at least 45 minutes before your appointment.
- The driver will wait 5 minutes at the pick-up location.
- The driver will give you a return slip with the phone number to call for your return ride.
Here is what you need to know about return rides.
- Call the number on the return slip when your visit is done.
- Identify yourself and that you are a Medica member and tell them where you'll be waiting.
- The driver will wait 5 minutes at the return ride location.
- Return rides may take 60 minutes or longer to arrive, depending on traffic and weather conditions.
You can change or cancel your ride if necessary. Here is what you need to know:
If you need to change or cancel your ride, call Medica Member Services as soon as possible.
If Medica is closed, call the transportation company to cancel your ride.
Transportation may be denied for one of the following reasons:
- Your appointment was for a service that was not covered.
- You didn't have the name and address of the location.
- You didn't have a referral when it was required.
- Your coverage isn’t active with Medica.
- You didn’t call five days in advance.
- You have access to a working vehicle.
- The location exceeds the distance limit for a ride.
- Per the State of Minnesota, Medica is not required to provide transportation to primary care if it is over 30 miles from your home or a specialty provider that is more than 60 miles from your home.
Medica DUAL Solution and Medica AccessAbility Enhanced
8 a.m. – 9 p.m., CT, daily
Medica Choice Care MSC+ and Medica AccessAbility Solution
8 a.m. – 6 p.m., CT, Monday – Friday
Medica Choice Care PMAP and Medica MinnesotaCare
8 a.m. – 6 p.m., CT, Monday – Friday
About Your Coverage