If you're ready to quit tobacco, we're here to help. Get support from a specially trained health coach on your journey to becoming tobacco free.
You'll choose the level of support you want to make the program work for you. If you're not sure if you're ready to quit, we can provide information and tools to help you determine when the time is right.
How the Tobacco Cessation Program Can Help
When you enroll in the Tobacco Cessation program, you receive:
- Confidential sessions with a health coach
- Help with the psychological and physical aspects of nicotine dependence
- A personalized quit plan and self-help materials
- Over-the-counter nicotine replacement therapy (patch, gum, lozenge), if medically appropriate, at no additional cost
The Support You Need
Tobacco coaches understand that you know yourself best and that you already have ideas about what you need to do to quit using tobacco. You can count on your coach to:
- Help you tap into your motivation
- Participate in your quit process in whatever ways you think will be helpful
- Assist you in setting goals that you design yourself
- Provide support, accountability and help with problem-solving
- Cheer you on your individual journey toward becoming tobacco free
If you have questions about the Tobacco Cessation Program, or want to enroll, please call us at 1-866-905-7430 (toll-free). TTY users, call 711. Program hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Medica DUAL Solution and Medica AccessAbility Solution Enhanced are health plans that contract with both Medicare and the Minnesota Medical Assistance (Medicaid) program to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees. Enrollment in Medica DUAL Solution and Medica AccessAbility Solution Enhanced depends on contract renewal.
American Indians can continue to use tribal and Indian Health Services (IHS) clinics. We will not require prior approval or impose any conditions for you to get services at these clinics. For elders age 65 years and older this includes Elderly Waiver (EW) services accessed through the tribe. If a doctor or other provider in a tribal or IHS clinic refers you to a provider in our network, we will not require you to see your primary care provider prior to the referral.
This information is not a complete list. The benefit information is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information call Medica Member Services or read your Member Handbook/Evidence of Coverage for more information.
Last Updated: December 2022