- See all your benefits
- Find a provider in your network
- Download your ID card
- Get quick answers about your coverage and more
Keep yourself in the best possible health with access to medications from a wide range of pharmacies. See your pharmacy benefits.
Durable medical equipment
Make sure you’re set up for better health. Search for a supplier to meet your needs.
Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
Work with a pharmacist and be more involved in your medication decisions. This program can lead to improved health benefits and savings on medication copays.
Getting a referral when you need one will ensure you receive your highest level of benefits. Here's what you need to know about referrals:
- When you see a specialist within your care system, you don't need a referral.
- If you need to see a doctor who's in the UPlan Elect/Essential network, but isn't in your care system, you'll need a referral from your primary care clinic.
- If you need to see a provider outside the UPlan Elect/Essential network, you'll need a referral from your primary care clinic and pre-approval (called "prior authorization") from Medica.
With UPlan Elect/Essential, you enroll in a primary care clinic (PCC). This clinic coordinates your overall care and will help you find a specialist when you need one. Whenever you need care (unless it’s an emergency), always start at your primary care clinic.
Each family member on your plan can choose their own primary care clinic. For example, your child's PCC may be a pediatric clinic, while yours may be a family practice clinic.
To find a PCC:
1. In the search tool, choose "Facilities and Services" (under the main search fields), then choose "Clinic – Primary Care."
2. Narrow your results by entering your ZIP code or choosing a Care System, Specialty or other criteria.
3. In your results, look for the clinic's Care System listing. That's where you'll find the clinic's PCCID, which is the number you'll use to choose this clinic as your PCC when you enroll. A PCCID looks like this: PCCID: 00000000123. If no PCCID is displayed, you can't choose the clinic as a primary care clinic.
Want to change clinics?
If you've already enrolled in a PCC and you want to change clinics, call us at 952-992-1814 or 877-252-5558. You can change your primary care clinic as often as once a month.
Minnesota Twin Cities Metro
Children's Health Network
Fairview Physician Associates (including HealthEast clinics and hospitals)
HealthPartners Medical Group
University of Minnesota Physicians
St. Luke's Care System
Eastern North Dakota
Altru Health System
Essentia Health West
Integrity Health Network
St. Luke's Care System
Western Wisconsin Health (formerly Baldwin Area Medical Center)
Sign in to your account
You’ll find everything you need online.
How to get the care you need
Not sure what kind of plan you have? Check the back of your Medica ID card. A self-insured plan will state: This plan is administered by Medica Self-Insured. If you don't see this note, you have a fully insured plan.
Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT
Closed Thursday, 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. CT
Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. CT